this was either a great marketing ploy or a fabulous accident
Please keep in mind that I work for a NATIONAL newspaper. And yet they still find the time and space to keep me humble. Thanks, guys!
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool… in HD
If we add the word “leaked” to this will it make it more exciting? If “leaked” means “uploaded by the animation studio” then this is even more “leaked” than when “leaked” meant “shown to 1000’s of people at Comic-Con”.
Friendly reminder that if you’re a popular fic writer in a fandom and you tell others not to write because you don’t think they’re good enough, then you are a piece of trash. (◡‿◡✿)
Senator: Superheroes have to register their secret identities!
Natasha: There’s six of us. Rogers has a Smithsonian exhibit on him, Stark won’t stop telling the world he’s Iron Man, and for the rest of us, I dumped all of SHIELD’s files on the internet.
Senator: Oh. Right.
Natasha: Oh…and Thor is Thor. That’s his real name. Even if it wasn’t, he might have diplomatic immunity to the Registration Act since his “secret identity” is the crown prince of an alien civilization.
Senator: I get it, I get it.
POST CREDITS SCENE:
(Enter the Senator’s office)
Senator: Well, that was a disaster.
Voice: You think?
Senator: Who is th- Nick Fury?
Nick Fury: I’m here to talk to you about the “Stop Wasting Everyone’s Fucking Time” Initiative.
- it’s how you treat those who ship other pairings (or ot3+s) - kindness and thoughtfulness towards your fellow fen is more progressive than ship bashing, anon hate, or other forms of abuse
- it’s how you treat female characters and characters of color while pursuing your ship, even if you think they’re “in the way” of your OTP
- it’s how you treat the existence of bi/pansexuality, asexuality, aromanticism (we fucking count)
- it’s how you treat canonically queer characters
- it’s how you treat trans people/characters/headcanons
- it’s how you depict marginalized perspectives/narratives (falling back on harmful tropes can replicate harm)
- it’s how you treat actual queer people in fandom (if they say something might be problematic, maybe be more thoughtful about it in the future?)
- it’s about how you treat marginalized people/characters/perspectives aside from those listed above (like those with/about mental &/or physical disabilities, etc)
- it’s about who (characters, actors, media producers) you choose to “defend” - against whom or what? - and whose bad behavior you choose to excuse or overlook
- there are probably more bullet points, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head
I think it’s about how you ship, not what you ship.
I forgot to put food out to defrost. Ooops. Asked Husband to pull out chicken, and he did. Just a tiny amount.
Well, Windy City Weiners it is. Oh darn, gonna have to eat a chili cheese hot dog.
Colour footage of Britain in 1926.
Photo from Flapper magazine showing Oak Street Beach goers signing a petition for more changing rooms and “comfort stations,” aka toilets, 1922, Chicago.
Today’s urge I am resisting: obviously blue-black hair.
It’s not that it doesn’t look good, it’s more, what a hassle when I want a new color.